Okay, two things.
One:
OMFG, how did I not know about this ahead of time? I suppose this raises a question: what's more important - religious sentiment or sheer awesomeness? Cause, you know, they're dunkin' for Jeebus, people. (via)
And two: Have you seen Rachel Maddow's interview with Gov. F-word, a.k.a. Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich? If you have not, you need to download it on the itunes or get it on the youtube or whatever. It is mesmerizing. This man is an absolute maniac and I found it nearly impossible to turn away from his car-wreck of a self-defense. Here's how crazy it was: I actually agreed with him about the "innocent until proven guilty" thing and wished that other politicians *ahem, Eliot Spitzer* would stick up for themselves a bit more instead of slinking off and letting those sharks have the last laugh. What?! Eliot "I am a fucking steamroller" Spitzer? This is some strong brew. Fasten your seat-belts.
1/28/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You know, dunking for Jeebus is just not the same if the MChS is there. Shouldn't they be relying solely on miracles?!
And honestly - I doubt Jeebus has much to do with this... Too bad you weren't there to share the joy and tell the obscenely skinny girl to eat some lard first :).
I am ashamed to say that no swimming has occurred since New Year's. It is possible that swimming may occur today, but probably not... Skinny girl is super-brave for going in unprotected. MasterGote would never presume to tell someone how they should brave their elements.
MasterGote has more patience with human folly than some of us. :)
That video looks like a lightning bolt concert. These are more Tuvan throat singing.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/world/europe/21ice.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=russia%20dunk%20ice&st=cse
Same activity, but in St.P - not surprisingly more beautiful there, more like a ridiculous drunken party here. I still haven't gone. But it has finally gotten a bit colder here, so at least I can clear my conscience that Moscow weather is not hovering around 32 (or 0C). Today was -14 (7F). Respectable.
Post a Comment