8/3/10
Adding to the Wishlist
With the CSA providing vegetable bounties bi-weekly, I have a request of the universe: a website where you plug in some ingredients and it spits out some suggestions for things to cook with them. I know, I know, there is such a thing already. It's called "your brain," and is sometimes also referred to as "your imagination." Or even the "index" in your friendly volume of How to Cook Everything under the Sun. But, you know, I'm kind of lazy. The veggy drawer currently contains beets, potatoes, leeks, sweet corn, onions, sage, carrots, and thyme. I'm seeing leek-potato soup, beet-potato-carrot-veganaise salad, and corn on the cob. But how awesome would it be if there were some kind of thing I could make that would involve ALL of the above? Perhaps this is what my mother had in mind when she would regularly make her famous(ly reviled) "vegetable soup."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How about a vegetable stew with all those ingredients, plus may be some seitan or tempeh or Tofurky sausage for protein? Also, roasting chunks of all the vegetables together would be easy and delicious...
You say stew-mayto, I say stew-mahto - same old vegetable soup of my youth. I'm looking for something *magic* that also somehow involves that random combination of roots, stalks, and leaves. Although I will admit that roasting veggies is a pretty magical trick on any occasion. The corn is already gone. Will report back on the rest.
Post a Comment