4/13/09
Braggy-Braggy
This post is just to say that, while MasterGote may never experience the pains of childbirth, running a marathon, or occupying the highest tax bracket, riding an off-brand, $125, 17kg behemoth of a mountain bike with a loose saddle through snow, mud, sand, and occasional stretches of asphalt for 74km can now be checked off the list of the quite painful (but potentially awesome) things to do in life. Sore bottom, sunburn, and multiple bruises notwithstanding, it was one of the funnest things I've done so far in Russia. The people were absolutely lovely for letting a bum like me join in on their ride, considering I've never "ridden" longer than from Brooklyn to Queens and back and didn't even know the right way to change gears for going uphill (wha? there's a way to go up a hill without standing on the pedals???). Anyway, here are some pictures and here are some more braggy-braggy stats about the ride (in Russian). People back in the BK, start training...
Labels:
backsides,
bums,
master-whereabouts,
mustaches,
poezdki za gorod,
the awesome,
the body,
the struggle,
weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did you ever know that you're my heeee-roooooow?
Sounds amazing! But why are there naked people having sex on that page—just an ad?
Hmm, I dunno, I don't see them. Maybe it's reader specific?
whoa, way to go!
also, you left some plums in the fridge. i ate them. they were really good.
Post a Comment