11/7/08

First Press Conference




Hey y'all! Look whose internet is working again.

Just wanted to post briefly to say helloooo. I wish I could have been dancing in the streets with you guys rather than having this insane wave of insomnia. But you know, whatever. I'm riding it.

Check out this press conference. Just want to note a couple of things (as per the promised but forgotten format of this here bloooog).

1) President Obama can be pretty evasive (security) and all sound-bite spin-cycley (taxes) when he doesn't want to discuss something. I wish that were not the case. I'm probably asking for too much. (And not that I don't agree with the whole, shut up and pay your taxes thought. But still, totally evasive, and sounds like he's still on the campaign trail.)

2) Good question, Candy Crowley: now that you've actually been security briefed, are you more scared? I'd never thought of it, but it's true. He must know so much crazy shit now. Scary chuckle from Obama. Uh, yikes?

3) Dog question!

4) (unrelated) I want to hear about your election days, please tell me about them!

2 comments:

Buster said...

Oh Gote, I'm with you on worrying about the slickness seeping in.

I'm already starting to get a little scared with Rahmbo coming in, and the speculations over the Cabinet and economic team. Now I'm not quite ready to go there with the Judith Butler fascism scare. But it is time to start asking that Obama doesn't put in place a team of anti-Palestinians (Emmanuel), Hindu fundamentalists-cum-compassionate-neoliberals (S. Shah), sexist jerks (L. Summers) and Bush left-overs (Gates on Defense).

All that relief and joy is strangely transforming into a anxious nausea. But I'm still hoping. God, I hope that he hasn't meant "Hope" as a taunt all along.

kg said...

About people's election days:
http://thebellman.blogspot.com/2008/11/do-you-count-did-you-vote.html